What to do? I’m stumped. I’ve been waiting for a new Powerbook to be released for ages. Today’s offerings aren’t G5s or dual-core G4s… they’re just modest speed bumped old Powerbooks. My options are:
Keep my current 500mhz Titanium Powerbook for meetings/road trips and buy a $500 mini as my work machine to hold me over until the G5 Powerbooks arrive (July?). Come July, convert the mini into a server/one-wire station at the beach or cottage.
Magic 8 ball: Ask again later
Buy a new 15“ 1.65GHz Powerbook and be pissed as hell when a new chip/architecture comes out in July.
Magic 8 ball: Unclear
Buy a new 15” 1.65GHz Powerbook— try not to be pissed as hell. Try not to break it. Ebay the sucker when the G5/G4 dual-core Powerbooks come out.
Magic 8 ball: Outlook not good
Keep my current boat-anchor Powerbook and wait it out.
Magic 8 ball: Don’t count on it
I have plenty of hardware- a Dual G5, an upgraded sawtooth, a pismo, a Dell tower. It’s just that the dog-slow Tibook has become my primary machine. February could end up being a heavy new hardware expense month, as I’ve just placed an order for a Cingular Treo 650 to replace my current phone.